cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve_appling
Level 2

How to retrieve Device History using SOAP

I have created a simple tool to retrieve data from devices listed in FNO using SOAP requests (using the ManageDeviceService), but I can't figure out how to retrieve any of the device History  (like I can see in FNO under View/ View Device History).  I need to be able to filter out devices that have not sent a capability request in a long time (which are probably no longer active devices).  How can I get this information?

0 Kudos
(4) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @steve_appling ,

If you are using FNO ALM Cloud the requested information can be obtained via the ALM Device History Universe in the Reporting tool.  You can generate a report containing a list of device activity only for devices that have a Device Event Date greater than a specified date to omit those that have not recently sent a capability request.  

I have attached a screenshot with an example.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

I'm interested in how to retrieve this as part of another system that is currently using the SOAP interfaces to get the other data it needs.  Is there a way to access this programatically with SOAP or a Restful call or any other remote access?  I don't want to screen scrape an HTML report.

0 Kudos

Hi @steve_appling ,

Aside from the ManageDeviceService  SOAP requests another option to consider is the Device Data Extract however I'm not sure if this has the information you need (please refer to the documentation).  It is an incremental extract so each time it is run it will give the additional activity since it was last run.

Note that with Reporter you do not need to do any screen scraping  as Reports can be saved (and can be scheduled/emailed ) in .csv, .xls and .pdf formats.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
eriklane_ciena
Level 3

@steve_appling 

We use the SOAP services extensively and have not found a way to get the device history with them. We are still on-prem so we pull the data directly from the database. If that is of interest to you, I can share how we get it.

0 Kudos