How do I generate an NDI (Inventory File) for FlexNet Manager Suite?
NDI Files allow Support to investigate further a possible issue that might arise using the NDI File to replicate the issue. The following instructions can be used to generate an NDI File on the FlexNet agent:
Note: For quicker resolutions times, please attach this file to your inbound case to Support.
- Create an INVENTORY folder in the root of C
- Open a Command Prompt as a local administrator
- Change the directory to C:\Program Files (x86) \ManageSoft\Tracker (this is the default directory on a 64-bit machine)
- Run the following command: "ndtrack -t machine -o Upload=False -o MachineInventoryDirectory=C:\INVENTORY Logging=True"
- Check the INVENTORY folder as, within it, there should be a *.ndi file
- Open a command prompt.
- Change the directory to /opt/managesoft/bin
- Run the following command: sudo ndtrack -t machine -o Upload=False -o MachineInventoryDirectory=/tmp/log/managesoft Logging=True
- Ensure the directory /tmp/log/managesoft exists
Note: Allow your Device time to generate the NDI File. These files can vary in size, and times for generation can differ depending on the Device and file size.