cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMware Scan - Clarification needed

Hi Champs,

I need to know below, if someone can help please:

1. How can we scan VCF?
  2. Can Flexera scan Vmware using vCenter rather than individual Esxi's?
  3. What all Queries FNMS runs for Esxi scans, security team is asking about these?
Thanks & Regards,
Fawad Laiq
(1) Solution

@fawad_laiq 
Flexera does scans via API on vCenter or ESX 
It retrieves necessary data and relations of datacenters, clusters, Hosts+HW Information, linked VMs and running status, and vSphere and vCenter license keys, other VMware product usage like vSAN, NSX, vRealize/ARIA, etc. is not collected.
For query details you can read following article:
What commands are run during inventory of an ESX or a vCenter server? - Community (flexera.com)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

@fawad_laiq 
Flexera does scans via API on vCenter or ESX 
It retrieves necessary data and relations of datacenters, clusters, Hosts+HW Information, linked VMs and running status, and vSphere and vCenter license keys, other VMware product usage like vSAN, NSX, vRealize/ARIA, etc. is not collected.
For query details you can read following article:
What commands are run during inventory of an ESX or a vCenter server? - Community (flexera.com)

Hi @alexander_frit 

Thank you for the reply. Got the details from support too. But VCF is not supported, infact submitted feature request for the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Fawad Laiq

For reference, here is the idea related to VCF support:

ITAMFNMS-I-272 Support for VCF (VMware Cloud Foundation)

Please vote for this if it would be of interest to you.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)