cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Processing PO to existing License - to update SKU/PURL data.

Background:

• We have a PO that was previously purchased, and a license was created.
  • Over time, the applications were manually removed from the license as a temporary measure to fix another license.
  • Now we want to re-process the PO (w/ SKU), in order for the system to automatically update all the applications and use rights based on the SKU/PURL library.
  • Actions taken:
    • When "rolling back" and re-processing the PO to the existing license, there doesn't seem to be any updates to the license in terms of apps/use rights. 
    • e.g. the processing wizard just allows you to select the existing license, it doesn't pop up the product rights, etc. that you normally get.

I'm wondering - is the only solution to this as follows? OR, is there another way?

• Delete the license
  • Re-process the PO
  • Create a new license
  • Thus, the processing wizard allows you to map the SKU/PURL components?

Thanks!

(1) Solution

I had completely forgotten about this page: Recommended License Changes (flexera.com)

The answer to my question would basically be that you revisit the recommended license page periodically, and it would suggest to re-link the application to the license, and you can accept those changes.

I've spot checked and it is suggesting to add certain applications to the licenses we removed them from. ðŸ™‚

This is the recommendations that @swannd is referring to - thanks!

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

I see what you mean @johnksilverwood , the PO wizard component does 'remember' a processed PO in such case. I have tried manually 'Remove' the PO from License's Purchase tab, the PO doesn't even reappear in the unprocessed PO page.  For now I can only think of re-creating an identical PO, still cumbersome but at least a different way 🙂

Cheers

Kev

Flexera holds a patent for performing this functionality:

Patent number: 10521569
...."Thus, the license update engine identifies licenses and the definitions that are connected to them, including definitions that the licenses from which the were created and definitions that are linked to SKUs of entitlement purchases. Analyses relates three categories of proposal, including license types, applications linked to licenses, and usage rights on licenses. Proposals are stored in a database and operators can accept or ignore them.".....

I had completely forgotten about this page: Recommended License Changes (flexera.com)

The answer to my question would basically be that you revisit the recommended license page periodically, and it would suggest to re-link the application to the license, and you can accept those changes.

I've spot checked and it is suggesting to add certain applications to the licenses we removed them from. ðŸ™‚

This is the recommendations that @swannd is referring to - thanks!