RDS/Virtual apps Consumption
Can FNMS calculate consumption for the below products? If not possible out of the box, is there any recommended or alternate approach available?
1. RDS (server/ cal)
2. Citrix Virtual apps and Desktops
For Citrix there are adapters available. https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2022R1/EN/InvAdapConn/index.html#adapters/XenApp/topics/XAP-Overview.html
An alternative can be, to allocate users, allowed to use virtual desktops & apps, based on AD groups or some other IAM. This only works well for user-based licenses, using deviced-licenced apps in such virtual scenarios is always a pain.
For RDS, you'll need a list of specific users or devices. That could be:
- everyone imported into FNMS (All Users)
- everyone in your AD
- everyone considered a natural person (applying specific filters, like everyone with an email or at least one device, etc.)
- everyone in one or many AD groups
- everyone in a list provided in any other way
It is also a question of how much time & effort you want to invest in figuring out the last one user/device vs. how to generalize in a comprehensible and potentially audit-safe way.