cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Options False Positives From Oracle Enterprise Manager Report

Ronny_OO7
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

Dear @nrousseau1   As always you are doing a great job by creating great new reports

Now I am wondering Is this report only applicable if you have an OEM connector implemented? Or also if you have an Inventory agent running inventory on an OEM machine? 

The online help is not really clear described if you ask me 🙂

https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2023R1/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/Rep_OracleOEMPossibleFalsePositives.html 

Thanks and Regards

Ronald

(2) Solutions
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I expect data in the "Possible Options False Positives From Oracle Enterprise Manager" report will be based on Oracle Database option inventory that has been gathered. This type of inventory can be gathered by the agent as part of normal inventory gathering operations, or by beacons when executing an inventory rule.

With the phrase "OEM connector", are you referring to the following adapter? Oracle Enterprise Manager Adapter

The purpose of that adapter is to produce a TNSNames.ora file from data held in OEM that can be used to to target further Oracle inventory gathering activities. This adapter on its own won't produce any data that is relevant for the "Possible Options False Positives From Oracle Enterprise Manager Report".

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

nrousseau1
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Hello @Ronny_OO7 ,

I confirm what Chris wrote, this report comes from consultant experience... where many options where triggering consumption without the master database being even inventoried. "old targets" existed in the Oracle Database inventory of the OEM instance of the OEM server.

So, more about the agents or beacon Oracle Inventory than about the OEM adapter (that builds a nice tnsnames.ora file for the beacon if I remember well).

Best regards,

Nicolas

Nicolas Rousseau
Licensing Architect
https://www.nrsamconsulting.com

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I expect data in the "Possible Options False Positives From Oracle Enterprise Manager" report will be based on Oracle Database option inventory that has been gathered. This type of inventory can be gathered by the agent as part of normal inventory gathering operations, or by beacons when executing an inventory rule.

With the phrase "OEM connector", are you referring to the following adapter? Oracle Enterprise Manager Adapter

The purpose of that adapter is to produce a TNSNames.ora file from data held in OEM that can be used to to target further Oracle inventory gathering activities. This adapter on its own won't produce any data that is relevant for the "Possible Options False Positives From Oracle Enterprise Manager Report".

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
nrousseau1
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Hello @Ronny_OO7 ,

I confirm what Chris wrote, this report comes from consultant experience... where many options where triggering consumption without the master database being even inventoried. "old targets" existed in the Oracle Database inventory of the OEM instance of the OEM server.

So, more about the agents or beacon Oracle Inventory than about the OEM adapter (that builds a nice tnsnames.ora file for the beacon if I remember well).

Best regards,

Nicolas

Nicolas Rousseau
Licensing Architect
https://www.nrsamconsulting.com
Ronny_OO7
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

Thank you both for your answers and clarifications! Regards Ronald