cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle License Configuration - customization for consumption

Hi Team,

There is a requirement for getting the below columns in consumption tab of the license configuration for Oracle Publisher. We are using FlexNet Manager 2023 R1(on-prem). I checked in the column available in the selection, dint found below attributes.

Required Columns like: Physical Server Name, Virtual Server Name, Environment, Number of license in use

Currently available columns in consumption of license: Devices, Inventory device type, Consumed, Installed, Used, Exemption, Allocation.

Please provide some pointer or documentation which can be referred to perform declaration on the consumption screen of a license.

Any help on this greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sachin MS

(4) Replies

Hello Team,

Can anyone please provide an update on this?

Kind Regards,

Sachin MS

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Here are some comments on the Required Columns list:

• Physical Server Name: I assume by this you mean the name of the VM host. This will appear in the "Computer name/Instance name" column on the Consumption tab of an Oracle Processor license.
  • Virtual Server Name: I assume by this you mean the name of the virtual machine the Oracle software is running on. This will also appear in the "Computer name/Instance name" column.
  • Environment: This is not a built-in property on inventory device records. Maybe this is a custom property you have configured in your environment? Unfortunately custom property details are not available on the Consumption tab when viewing license records.
  • Number of license in use: This sounds like what would be shown in the "Consumed points" column on the Consumption tab.

Here is a screenshot to illustrate:

image.png

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks @ChrisG for the update.

Please let me know if there is a way to populate custom property on the consumption screen of a license.
Is it possible to import this list(of 4 attributes) into the consumption screen from Business/product/application team?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Sachin MS

Unfortunately I do not know of any way that custom property details can be included on the Consumption tab when viewing license records. I expect this would require a product enhancement.

Ideas for enhancements can be logged with Flexera on the Flexera Ideas site.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)