cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS 2019R1 Enhanced Inventory Gathered by Agent for Azure VMs

Hi,

i understand that the FNMS agent has the capability to gather additional information for the Azure VMs under Cloud Service Provider Inventory i.e. 

marketplaceProductCodes
availabilityZone
privateIp
version
instanceId
billingProducts
instanceType
accountId
imageId
pendingTime
architecture
kernelId
ramdiskId
region

can someone guide me how to enable this feature so that the agent can capture this information.

got his URL however it doesn't talk about how to configure 

https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/InvAdapConn/index.html#adapters/Azure/topics/Azure-ExtraInv.html

(2) Replies

Hi @Devarajan 

sounds like this information is gathered by default without any "activation". Did you already checked any of your AzureVM NDIs as mentioned?

"These two data points are then embedded within the normal .ndi inventory file as a pseudo-hardware WMI class called MGS_CloudMetadata."

Second, did you check the FNMSCompliance DB and the table CloudServiceInstance"

"After a full inventory import, these details are eventually saved in the CloudServiceInstance table in the compliance database."

At this point I'm not sure if the data is processed by Flexera and displayed in any UI or if you've to use a Custom Adapter to process the data ...

@dennis_reinhardt 

The inventory/ host names are reflecting post reconciliation under Cloud service provider report however most of the columns available are showing blank values. 

The agent NDI files contains only instance id under MGS_CloudMetadata.

any suggestion on how to capture the missing information?