cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Automatic Subnets from AD be blacklisted?

Greetings,

Is is possible to blacklist automatic subnet ranges from our AD integration if we don't want to use them, and we don't want them to show up as "Unassigned Subnets"?  We have an on-prem installation of FNMS.  

Thanks!

(3) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

Afaik there's no out of the box option. You could:

• Change the ManageSoft reader
    to prevent it from importing these subnets. Quite some initial effort and likely to need maitenance after migration.
  • Disable the standard Beacon AD integration
    and import what you need with a custom Business Import. Can be more tranparent then messing with the reader.

Best regards,

Markward

Thanks for the tips @mfranz . 

I just found this section in online help about ignoring subnets:   https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2019R2/FR/WebHelp/index.html#tasks/AssigningSaStoBeacon.html

It says we can select subnets under "Unassigned Subnets" and choose to ignore them, which means they can't be used for inventory collection.  Could we use that option to ignore the /16 subnets coming in from AD, so we can add smaller subnet ranges instead?  And, if we ignore the automatic ones from AD, will that setting NOT get overridden the next time our AD integrations run?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the link. I understood you wanted  to prevent these subnets from being imported.

I usually create sites and subnets manually for remote vCenter and Oracle inventory. For example, I create a site "_ORA" and add only subnets as needed for all Oralce servers. Or a site "_VC" and only add IPs/subnets needed for this remote task. These are then set to "Update automatically" = "No".

2020-06-09_10h20_00.png

So you wouldn't even have to disable existing subnets, just create your own structure that fits your process.

Best regards,

Markward