cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMC Discovery (ADDM) - How to import Oracle inventory details

Hi community,

we established a BMC Discovery (ADDM) adapter in our FNMS development system and using it as our inventory source. Everything works fine but we also want to see the oracle database details like we receive it from the Flexera inventory agent on a oracle system. The BMC Discovery data show version and edition of the installed databases, but no details like packs & features or users. Our colleagues from the BMC Discovery team done a extended scan on the databases and we also installed the optional pattern. We still don’t receive Oracle database details - but they are visible in the BMC Discovery Web UI
Is it possible to use the BMC Discovery (ADDM) adapter to import those Data or do we still have to use the inventory agent or Flexera zero touch scan?

Is it generally possible to expand the data we receive from this adapter? For example receive additonal data like customer site - of course they already have to be available in BMC Dicovery...

Thanks 

Daniel

(1) Solution
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Daniel,

I opened such discussion just recently because one of my other customers is looking for the same thing. https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/Importing-Oracle-Audit-Evidence-Data-from-3rd-Party-Sources/m-p/143309#M6327

tl;dr: There's currently no plan to include this type of data in the standard adapter. However, from a technical perspective it should be possible. I also raised an enhancement request.

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Daniel,

I opened such discussion just recently because one of my other customers is looking for the same thing. https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/Importing-Oracle-Audit-Evidence-Data-from-3rd-Party-Sources/m-p/143309#M6327

tl;dr: There's currently no plan to include this type of data in the standard adapter. However, from a technical perspective it should be possible. I also raised an enhancement request.

Best regards,

Markward

@mfranz thanks for sharing all these informations. That's exactly what is was looking for - or not 🙂 Anyway thanks. I'll accept your answer as solution and subscribed your linked topic to see how this will go on.