cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Splinter
Level 4

update service agent issue

Hi,

Now I have Update Service Started Edition for test purposes. So I create the test product, register it on server and create the update for this test product. The issue is that if I use InstallShield Update Manager Desktop Application all works fine - it show that there is update. But when I trying to check for updates using "agent" application - it always say that no any updates :eek:
Can any1 tell me what is the problem?

thanks
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
RobCoon
Level 3

Hello.

This is probably caused by the events that trigger the delivery of your update. What command line parameters are you using as you check for messages from the Agent? If you have not marked your update as "Next Use" then you will only see it if a) the scheduled interval has elapsed since the last check for updates, b) you use the -AppMenu event when using the -au option, or c) you use the -dm option.

You could also mark the update to be triggered by the "Next Use" event, which will cause it to appear in all cases.

See the documentation for command line parameters, AppUpdate API, and the Publisher Website Update View for more information.
0 Kudos
Splinter
Level 4

Hi,

No, it doesn't work in both cases. I tried as "./agent.exe -dm{GUID}" as "./agent.exe -au{GIUD} -AppMenu" but in both cases update was not found :mad: But all works with Update Manager Desktop Application :confused:

Any ideas?

thanks
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

Hello Splinter,

I'm afraid that you're actually hitting a limitation of the starter edition. It's designed to work exclusively from the Update Manager. The professional license is required to make calls directly against the agent.

Regards,
Kelly

Splinter wrote:
Hi,

No, it doesn't work in both cases. I tried as "./agent.exe -dm{GUID}" as "./agent.exe -au{GIUD} -AppMenu" but in both cases update was not found :mad: But all works with Update Manager Desktop Application :confused:

Any ideas?

thanks
0 Kudos
Splinter
Level 4

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for answer. Take into account this info I tried to evaluate Proff Edition but was failed. When I trying to get evaluation account for Proff Edition I always recieve the same login/password which I already have for my Started Edition :eek: Do you know how I can obtain eval account for Proff Edidtion?

thanks
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

Send a note to our sales staff via the form here . Include a note that KellyF can aid them in creating the eval account. I'll then help them create a process they can use for this type of request.

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos
Splinter
Level 4

Thx for help, Kelly.

What I did is simply create new passport and finally got the evaluation account 🙂
0 Kudos