cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryantlk
Level 3

Update Service UI Test works, but not at PC

Cant get updates for my Product Id at my PC, however at the IS US web site, I can TEST my update and see the process okay.

At my PC, I have also just used the RUN command and the results are also "no updates available"

Command:
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\Agent.exe" -au{}

I recently upgraded to US 4.5 sdk for Windows
- updated my app library
- updated IS DEV 7.2 for the Merged mod.
- updated the product at the IS site
- add the update to ref all prior builds of my ap

Testing via RUN or my app produces no update available, while the TEST works fine at the IS site.

FYI - the Agent asks for firewall access the IS US for my ap and for dev 7.2.

Any ideas.
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
KellyF
Level 9

Bryan,

You don't, by chance, have a starter edition and not a professional edition, do you? If you have a professional edition, could you PM me your product GUID and version (exactly as you're having the agent check for them) so I can have a look?

Regards,
Kelly

PS. It may take me a few days to respond as I've just returned from outside and have found tons of items desiring my attention.
0 Kudos
bryantlk
Level 3

Kelly,

My application can reside on the client PC with a standard GUID and another for the advanced version.

The problem occurs when both are installed on the same machine, and the ap only lets the advanced be upgraded.

Sorry for posting late, and I do appreciate your response.
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

I think I'm beginning to understand a bit more...
You've got a product with 2 levels...with 1 shared GUID or 2 separate GUIDS? If you're using 2 separate GUIDs, then I cannot see how there'd be a problem. If it's a shared GUID, then I could see problems occurring.

If you've not already done so, please fill out a support request via the online support. (http://support.macrovision.com) They have more resources available to look into some issues. Please PM me your product code(s) that you're using so I can verify something.

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos
bryantlk
Level 3

The problem is solved, per the Title of my last post -- should have stated so more clearly in the text...

Thank you.
0 Kudos