Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Next Use Updates not seen until reboot

Hi All,

I'm using 2.X (Agent.exe is v2.20.100.1167) and am having problems with the AutoUpdate method.

My application has two Next Use Updates available which must be downloaded and installed separately (no bundling).

AutoUpdate properly downloads the 1st Next Use Update with the update forcing a reboot. It fails to see the remaining Next Use Update until the machine is once again rebooted.

However, a call to AppUpdate after the first AutoUpdate sees the Next Use update without the second reboot.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Okay,

I think I have found the problem myself:

The ISUS Agent.AutoUpdate method will not see a “Next Use” update after rebooting from an install unless the update is also marked "End of Install".

When I mark the message both ways ("Next Use" AND "End of Install"), the updates work just as expected. My guess is that ISUS is treating the application state after install as the end of install. Perhaps this is because I have configured the install package to force a reboot.

This might explain why the application isn't thought of as next use until a subsequent reboot. That is, the install isn’t perceived by ISUS as done until the after the second (manual) reboot.

Previous experience with multiple independent sequential “Next Use” updates deploying installs that do not require or force a reboot has not seen this problem with the updates not being visible.

This would seem to suggest that this is an ISUS Agent bug related to installs requiring or forcing a reboot, but there seems to be a workaround.
0 Kudos