cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avesty
Level 3

Distributing Update manager with pro 7

Hello,

I'm an installshield pro and update service user. I am trying to find out if I can distribute the update manager with setups created in installshield pro.

Given that i'm a fully paid up user of the update service I would think this is the case, but obviously the distributables aren't included with installshield Pro. Can I just manually add the ones that come with the SDK?

I've already tried posting in the installshield pro forums, but it seems like a ghost town over there.

Vesty.
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

The Update Service is not dependent on certain versions of InstallShield Professional or InstallShield X. You can author in any environment you like.
0 Kudos
avesty
Level 3

Thanks.

I'm actually refering to the *update manager* as opposed to the more broader topic of *update service*. From what I can tell the update manager can only be used from isntallshield X whereas the update service can be used from any installshield.
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Ok. I didn't realize there was a problem with changing the files included with Pro7. I've got someone looking into a workaround.
0 Kudos
avesty
Level 3

A workaround would be fantastic.

in the meantime i'm just following the approach that was used before the update manager came out.
0 Kudos