cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Mass Product Version and Message additions

My customer needs require application updates that are unique, for each of 300 different users. The Update Service is utilized to download user-specific data, as an installshield package, on a monthly and semi-annual basis.

Is there a way to add @300 new product versions and messages to the Update Service in an automated manner? Right now I can do it in about 14 hours to add all of the products and versions. I have automated routines to create the install packages themselves, but no automated way to post all that information up to the Update Service.

I am looking to save those 14 hours of my life per month, so that I can be more productive for my customers.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steven Moore
stevenm@oelearning.com
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Chris_Woerner
Level 10

Right now, you cannot automate that. We have considered exposing this via a web service. It is technically feasible. Unfortunately, we have not heard a large need for this type of functionality. Would you be interested in exploring options to have our consulting group implement this?
0 Kudos
rcbird
Level 3

I also am interested in a programmatic or scriptable interface into the equivalent of the web admin.

We have an automated build process that has one manual step - the posting of updates. If there was a way to automate the adding of a product, product version, and message, it would save me time each day and help reduce errors. Something that could be run from a Perl script, perhaps, and return a success indication or error code as appropriate.

Ray
0 Kudos
ProductManager
Level 6

I'm interested in this as well... would be helpfull for my automated build process... we dont push every build out threw update service, but we can't just install a build other wise we get "Version not registered" on started (we check on startup) ... so I have been going in and posted like 10 versions at a time... so QA doesn't get ugly message if the install build I didnt offically put threw update service.
0 Kudos