cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catal1na
Level 3

Update Service ERROR # -2147023174

This is a bit ironic watching the update service falling apart.

Sometimes, it will find updates, sometimes, it will not find updates, sometimes, it will scream numbers at me.

I use DevStudio 9.
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
KellyF
Level 9

Happy Saturday. 😄

Couple of quick questions:
1. Did you submit this through to our support folks?
2. Are you working with a self-hosted version or IS-hosted version?

I ask these because I've not seen it "fall apart" but you've got some very vague items there. Has it been occurring just today? What version of the client are you using?

KellyF

Originally posted by catal1na
This is a bit ironic watching the update service falling apart.

Sometimes, it will find updates, sometimes, it will not find updates, sometimes, it will scream numbers at me.

I use DevStudio 9.
0 Kudos
catal1na
Level 3

Wow, this is nice to hear from you Kelly. 😄

This is the first time updating and using the 3.10 update service.

I am still trying to uderstand if it's something local and isolated on my system.

It's not annoying but humorous + amusement.

[1] Update the Update Service
[2] Update Service 3.10 crash *
[3] Update Service 3.10 found new updates and update itself again with Update Service 3.10

Oh, IS DevStudio is installed and isolated on a single PC System.

* Instance: Click Check Updates > Update Manager says "NO Updates Available" > Click "Update Settings" TAB > Click back to "General" > HAPPY NUMBER
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

Warning: I'm not a true "support" person, I'm a dev (and one who absolutely loves to live on the edge with my systems at home, so I consider things breaking to be normal) :cool: So the things I'd start with from a Windows perspective: Did you reboot your machine recently (clear out any rogue DLLs loaded)? Assuming you're using the SDK, have you tried using the "Update SDK" under Programs | InstallShield | Update Service?

Based on your response, I'm guessing you're using the Update Manager app to do the update. And it also appeared as though your update in #1 did not complete, true?

There's a host of other things I'd like to ask, but I'll take them to PM for now as they may relate to your machine and not something you'd like posted out there. 😄 Please reply by using the PM button for my account.

KellyF

PS. Make note of the warning...

Originally posted by catal1na
Wow, this is nice to hear from you Kelly. 😄

[1] Update the Update Service
[2] Update Service 3.10 crash *
[3] Update Service 3.10 found new updates and update itself again with Update Service 3.10

0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

I'll say it again, our support folks are great. They may very well have an idea about what's happening that I overlook.

Please be sure to drop them a line at:
http://mysupport.installshield.com

KellyF
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

I had a bad One-Click-Install of the Update Service setup as part of the InstallShield X installation (I'd cancelled out after it was taking a long time) and I was getting the same error.

You can Re-register the COM files.

Windows / Downloaded Program Files
Regsvr32.exe ISUSWEB.DLL

ISUS Folder / Common Files
ISDM.EXE /regserver
AGENT.EXE /regserver

But I just reinstalled the Update Service Agent, which fixed the problem.

To Kelly's point, I also passed this info to support. 🙂
0 Kudos
catal1na
Level 3

Have i ever mentioned "I love you all"?
0 Kudos