cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metering and SW_Use_count

Hi,  how does the metering in Data Platform work?  I can see the parameters for metering in Settings but I'm not sure what available fields this impacts.  

For example, should I expect to see any changes in SW_Use_Count field or SW_Last Use Year/Quarter/Month/Date...?  

thanks

penelopej

(1) Solution

@penelopej 

Yes, provided that you've configured the inventory source(s) include(s) software usage (metering) data and/or last used information and you've configured the normalization process how you want to interpret and represent this data (default settings in screen shot below) you should be seeing this data appearing in these places.

Capture.PNG

Are you having challenges finding this information?

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

@penelopej 

Yes, provided that you've configured the inventory source(s) include(s) software usage (metering) data and/or last used information and you've configured the normalization process how you want to interpret and represent this data (default settings in screen shot below) you should be seeing this data appearing in these places.

Capture.PNG

Are you having challenges finding this information?

Thanks,

Hi John, I can find the metering configurations but I can't find any information on the impact of selecting one or more of those items. Which actual measurements do these configurations impact?  For example,

If I select one or more of those configurations, is it only the SW Use Count that reflects this?

@penelopej 

I hope that a couple of screen shots may help a bit here. I first ran the normalization process with above settings which resulted in the results on the left and I then disabled the first two options (documented further down), and then the normalization of the same SCCM data resulted in the results on the right.

Capture.PNG

Changed normalization configurationChanged normalization configuration

In the example above it's clear that the SW Use Counts come from either of the first two of the default options.

Thanks,