cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Approval - Email notification - VIEW link not working

Hello

When an approver receives an email notification to approve a request, they are unable to view the request by clicking on the "To view this request, View" link. This issue started occurring after we upgraded to Ver 2022 R1 SP1.

The email notification is supposed to prompt the approver to either approve or reject the request and provide a link to review the submitted data. However, the link is not working as expected. If you have any advice or suggestions on how to address this issue, please let me know.

(2) Solutions
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I know that you have a support case open for this (to which I just replied), but I wanted to share my response on the community, in the event that others have the same question. As mentioned, I reviewed the source code and I did not find any changes to this area of the code in at least five years.. Also, I had previously mentioned that the problem seemed to be "show=pending". This is correct, but this is working as designed. This flag has to do with Approval (the approve/reject tab), and you will only see the request in question, if the user selecting the link is the current approver, and the request is pending approval. If the request has already been approved, then you would not see anything. To confirm this, I submitted a new request, and received the "approval request" email. I then selected the link, and was brought to the approve/reject tab, where I saw the request. I then approved the request, and then tried the link again. When I selected the link again, I no longer saw the request listed. The Approve/reject tab was empty.

Thanks,
Charles

View solution in original post

If you look at the "Without Show=Pending.png", you'll see a head/shoulders icon with a red "X" under the Status column.  This means someone has already rejected this request.  If someone has already rejected the request, then it won't show up in the Pending Approval list because it is no longer pending approval.  If you click that icon in the Status column, you'll be able to see the approval workflow showing you who rejected the request.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I know that you have a support case open for this (to which I just replied), but I wanted to share my response on the community, in the event that others have the same question. As mentioned, I reviewed the source code and I did not find any changes to this area of the code in at least five years.. Also, I had previously mentioned that the problem seemed to be "show=pending". This is correct, but this is working as designed. This flag has to do with Approval (the approve/reject tab), and you will only see the request in question, if the user selecting the link is the current approver, and the request is pending approval. If the request has already been approved, then you would not see anything. To confirm this, I submitted a new request, and received the "approval request" email. I then selected the link, and was brought to the approve/reject tab, where I saw the request. I then approved the request, and then tried the link again. When I selected the link again, I no longer saw the request listed. The Approve/reject tab was empty.

Thanks,
Charles

Hey Charles,

After clicking the link, the Approve/Reject tab appears but the request itself isn't visible. It seems like the issue lies with the Show=Pending parameter for the ##ViewRequest## variable in the Request for approval notification.

Here's the original link generated by clicking on the View link:

Original "Not showing the request" http://SERVER/esd/MyRequests.aspx?Show=Pending&GUID=1e95f25d-d53f-4784-ab07-8796854575fb

When I removed the Show=Pending from the link, the request displayed correctly:

"Showing the request" http://SERVER/esd/MyRequests.aspx?GUID=1e95f25d-d53f-4784-ab07-8796854575fb

If you look at the "Without Show=Pending.png", you'll see a head/shoulders icon with a red "X" under the Status column.  This means someone has already rejected this request.  If someone has already rejected the request, then it won't show up in the Pending Approval list because it is no longer pending approval.  If you click that icon in the Status column, you'll be able to see the approval workflow showing you who rejected the request.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".