cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a email notification when new packages are added to app portal?

(1) Solution

While there is no feature in App Portal that allows for this, you could create a report in SQL Server Reporting Services using the following query:

SELECT [PackageID]
      ,[PackageTitle]
      ,[BriefDescription]
      ,[PackageVisible]
      ,[Deleted]
      ,[CreatedBy]
      ,[CreatedOn]
      ,[UpdatedBy]
      ,[UpdatedOn]
  FROM [AppPortal].[dbo].[WD_WebPackages]
  WHERE [CreatedOn] > DATEADD(HOUR,-24,GETUTCDATE())

This will show all catalog items created in the previous 24 hours.  Then set up a subscription to send yourself the report each day.   If you only want to see catalog items that were created and not subsequently archived, you could modify the query to move the [Deleted] column to the WHERE clause as "AND [Deleted] = 0".

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Unfortunately at this time, there is no feature in App Portal to send out emails when new packages have been added.  

While there is no feature in App Portal that allows for this, you could create a report in SQL Server Reporting Services using the following query:

SELECT [PackageID]
      ,[PackageTitle]
      ,[BriefDescription]
      ,[PackageVisible]
      ,[Deleted]
      ,[CreatedBy]
      ,[CreatedOn]
      ,[UpdatedBy]
      ,[UpdatedOn]
  FROM [AppPortal].[dbo].[WD_WebPackages]
  WHERE [CreatedOn] > DATEADD(HOUR,-24,GETUTCDATE())

This will show all catalog items created in the previous 24 hours.  Then set up a subscription to send yourself the report each day.   If you only want to see catalog items that were created and not subsequently archived, you could modify the query to move the [Deleted] column to the WHERE clause as "AND [Deleted] = 0".

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".