cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Memory consumption by ESDWebService

Memory usage is close to 1G by ESDWebService, causing performance issues on SCCM server.

What is the best way to troubleshoot and bring down the memory usage?

We are on App Portal 2019.

(1) Solution

High memory usage was caused to due to large number of collection clean up due to migration to new SCCM server, it came down as the collection clean number went down.

Thanks

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
I'd guess that this issue, and the issue with collection cleans may be related.. I'd guess that the ESD Web Service must be trying to process a large batch of requests, and it is causing the ESD Web service to bog down.. I'd suggest opening up a support case for this, attaching both the App Portal log files, and the ESD Web service log files so that we can take a more detailed look.
Did you already try an IISReset or simply recycling the application pool for the ESDWebService? I'm curious if it's something that keeps recurring after being resolved or if it's a one-off situation.
Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

High memory usage was caused to due to large number of collection clean up due to migration to new SCCM server, it came down as the collection clean number went down.

Thanks

Top Kudoed Authors