cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Cannot find an overload for "createNewCatalogItem"

Hi,

Good day.

I'm trying to Create New Catalog Item for a SCCM Application to AppPortal, using Powershell through the API Web method. I did load all the needed 14 parameters.

$Title, $Description, $Visible, $ImageFileName, $PackageServer, $SMSPackageID, $SMSPackageData, $Site..etc.

Upon running the powershell script, it gave me this error.

Cannot find an overload for "createNewCatalogItem".

Appreciate any insights you could provide regarding this error.

Many thanks.

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

There are actually two separate API's which are named "createNewCatalogItem()" One is in api.asmx and the other is in integration.asmx. The API in api.asmx has 15 parameters, while the one in integration.asmx only has 14. Can you verify that you are calling the API in integration.asmx? I'd recommend using the one in integration.asmx.. The following shows the parameters, if not how they are defined:

$CatalogItemID = $WSIntegrationProxy.CreateNewCatalogItem($Title, $CompanyName, `
$Version, $KeyWords, $ShortDescription, $LongDescription, `
$Type, $Visible, $Icon, $IconExtension, $FlexeraID, `
$TemplatePackageID, $CategoryNames, $CreatedBy)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

There are actually two separate API's which are named "createNewCatalogItem()" One is in api.asmx and the other is in integration.asmx. The API in api.asmx has 15 parameters, while the one in integration.asmx only has 14. Can you verify that you are calling the API in integration.asmx? I'd recommend using the one in integration.asmx.. The following shows the parameters, if not how they are defined:

$CatalogItemID = $WSIntegrationProxy.CreateNewCatalogItem($Title, $CompanyName, `
$Version, $KeyWords, $ShortDescription, $LongDescription, `
$Type, $Visible, $Icon, $IconExtension, $FlexeraID, `
$TemplatePackageID, $CategoryNames, $CreatedBy)

Hi, Charles.

Yup, I have been using the  "API.asmx" and it did not worked for me.

Upon trying what you have recommended using the Integration.asmx. I'm now able to create a New Catalog Item for our SCCM application.

Really appreciate your help.

Many thanks.