cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

self heal property

I need to make sure that my self heal directory property is set correctly. Does anyone know where to find it in the MST/MSI file?

Also, I am looking at pushing the MSI file out via SMS which will copy the MSI to other secondary servers before the clients install from their closest server. Does the installed application know to repair itself from the install direcory of the server it came from?

Thank you,
new to packaging...
-B
(2) Replies
There is not a specific flag as such. At least not one that I am aware of, through the GUI.

If a "Component" falls out of scope, the install will attempt to repair itself.

I hate to point people at the help file, but on this one I think it is quite usefull.

I would take a few minutes to review the "Organizing Applications into Components". By adhering to this, or more to the point. Having a good reason not to, InstalShield takes care of this process for you.

You can find some documentation under "Auto-repair" in the help file. But without a solid understanding of components, it is little more than interesting reading. 🙂
you need to lookup the sourcelist property in the msi.chm

by default applications will heal from their installation directory assuming nothing else is specified in the sourcelist

if your using sms2003 you can override this at the server level, if not i suggest you look into populating that value so you have a known heal point.

you need to be careful if anyone is ever goin to install from CD you need to be make sure this property is filled out.

🙂