cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"[DBNETLIB}[ConnectionOpen(Connect()).]SQLServer does not exist or access denied"

SQL Server is installed in the server, i am trying to connect to the existing application catalog in the adminstudio. When i click on catalog and then give the credentials in the standalone section andthen click on test it gives the following error:

"[DBNETLIB}[ConnectionOpen(Connect()).]SQLServer does not exist or access denied"

I want to connect to the application catalog since i want to wrk with conflict server where in the connection to application catalog is a must.

I even tried adding some registry keys and restarted the system, even this dint work.

Please suggest me on this,

Thanks in advance
(6) Replies
Are you using a standalone version of SQL Express or SQL Server?
yes i am using sql Express
Ah. Maybe it was the way that I read your post. When you said, that you were connecting to SQL Server installed on the server that sounded like it was not the standalone version.

After you created the Application Catalog, have you been able to connect to the database or is this the first time through?
I have exactly the same error but unfortunately don't have the answer yet. I have installed SQL express on one machine (machine A) and can connect to it when I fill in the details and click test (it says it's connected). However, I also have AdminStudio 10 installed on my colleaugue's PC (machine B) and when he tries to connect to the Software Catalogue that I have setup on machine A he gets the error saying that access is denied. We both have our domain accounts in the local administrators group on machine A where the catalogue is setup but are unable to connect to it from machine B.

I have clicked the 'use as default shared catalogue' but that hasn't made any difference. I wonder if it has anything to do with where the shared components of AdminStudio were installed - I put them on a network share but we have also had LDAPDLL errors sometimes when starting AdminStudio and I wonder if this is causing authentication issues.

We have uninstalled and re-installed AS on on machine B and put the shared components locally but this has not made any difference either. We still get the error connecting to the catalogue.
your issue is related to the default setup of SQL Express.

1.Open the SQL Server Configuration Manager
2. Check if all the protocols are enabled: TCP/IP and Named Pipes.
(multiple locations)
3. Enable the Browser service
4. Restart the SQL Server Service

that should do the trick, No you can find the SQL also from other machines...

Jeroen
jaybee96 wrote:
your issue is related to the default setup of SQL Express.

1.Open the SQL Server Configuration Manager
2. Check if all the protocols are enabled: TCP/IP and Named Pipes.
(multiple locations)
3. Enable the Browser service
4. Restart the SQL Server Service

that should do the trick, No you can find the SQL also from other machines...

Jeroen

thanh Jeroen, I agree with you. Your suggestion is true :x