cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is "Response File Wizard"?

Hello,

I am a new InstallShield user. I am attempting to use InstallShield Tuner to create a .MST file. In the Welcome message it says:

Tip: Use the response file wizard to create your transform.

The response file wizard enables you to create your transform based on information gathered during a simulated installation. This reduces the customization time and effort.

Sounds like a great idea, but I can not find the Wizard, or any other reference to it!!!! :confused: Can anyone please point me in the right direction? I am using Admin Studio V 5 Standard.

Thanks!

Bruce
(4) Replies
In order to create a response transform, launch Tuner. Choose the option to 'Create a new transform'. From there, at the bottom of the page is a check box for Response Transform. Once you check this along with selecting an msi file, hit the 'Create' button. This will launch the setup you specified & begin recording the responses you give it. Once you complete the wizard, the response transform will have been created for you with the responses you just made.

Hope this helps.

Mark Doeseckle
Software Quality Engineer
InstallShield Products, Macrovision Corp.
Being new to this also... Once the transform file has been created, how do you merge that with the original msi to make a single completed file?
msiexec.exe /q ALLUSERS=2 /m name-of your-mif /i "name-of-your.msi" TRANSFORMS="name-of your.mst"

for SMS-Distribution or just

msiexec.exe /q /i "name-of-your.msi" TRANSFORMS="name-of your.mst"
Typically, transform is applied to a MSI at runtime. To incorporate the changes made in a transform into a MSI, it is recommended to make the changes in ISM project file.