cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install an evaluation license (error 310)

😞

I installed AdminStudio evaluation in a fresh Windows XP SP2 machine. when I try to launch the application after installation I am getting this error(ref attached ScreenShot). What could be the problem?

It gives a bad impression about the product since I am using it for the first time. I think I have to switch to other tool...
(5) Replies
If you had installed AdminStudio on this hardware prior to installing a fresh version of Windows XP then the licensing software that we use may display this message. Can you let me know if this is the case? If so I will work with the developer that is responsible for integrating licensing to see what can be done about this.

Its also important to know what version of AdminStudio you are trying to evaluate and also if you had previously installed a version of InstallShield on this hardware prior to installing a fresh version of Windows XP. This is important because AdminStudio includes InstallShield and thus installing the license for that tool may be the creating the conflict.
David Thornley wrote:
If you had installed AdminStudio on this hardware prior to installing a fresh version of Windows XP then the licensing software that we use may display this message. Can you let me know if this is the case? If so I will work with the developer that is responsible for integrating licensing to see what can be done about this.

Its also important to know what version of AdminStudio you are trying to evaluate and also if you had previously installed a version of InstallShield on this hardware prior to installing a fresh version of Windows XP. This is important because AdminStudio includes InstallShield and thus installing the license for that tool may be the creating the conflict.

Yes you are right. The 8.6 version was installed prior to installing a fresh XP. Your second case is not valid.

I am evaluating AdminStudio 8.6 version. Previously I installed the same version in the same machine and since I was responsible to check out the flexibility of this version I required more time to evaluate the software. But unfortunately the software expired after 3 weeks. So, the machine was formatted and the 8.6 version was installed again for evaluation.

Now it is throwing this error. Its bizarre. I am currently in the process of deciding the tool that need to be purchased. Please help ASAP.
Hello David,

Any updates regarding the license problem?
Macrovision has a knowledge base article relating to this issue here.

Because this is related to activation and licensing we are limited as to how we can proceed. I would encourage you to contact product support directly as well to help bring closure to this issue.
Thank you so much.