Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sun Java Client

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi All,

Has anyone here successfully repackaged Sun's Java Plug-In/Client 1.3.1_02? I am running into a strange error while testing. It seems to work fine when the app installs, however, the Control Panel Applet is returning an error stating it cannot locate the main class. I have taken several snapshots, and each of them returns the same files and reg keys. Any help would be appreciated since this app is a prerequisite for another I am tasked with completing. :confused:

Thanks in advance!
(4) Replies
Hi,

I am facing same problem with JRE 1.4.1_05. Is there any solution for this issue? IS Support, please look into this issue.
Okay...I got the solution. This is due to extra "\" added to INSTALLDIR path in registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Plug-in\1.4.1_05 key. I don't know why "\" is added to INSTALLDIR value... it must be a BUG
it isn't a bug. As such. It is known. there is a simple method using vbscript to remove the trailing slash. Search the knowledge base for it. sorry I can't remember the actual article at the moment.
The behavior is by design. All records in Directory table are resolved during CostFinalize action. That's when a trailing backslash is padded.