cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard shortcuts (non-advertised)

Hello,

From what I have read:

1) .exe files must be in their own component and be the key file for that component
2) non-advertised shortcuts must use a registry key under HKCU as their key path, not a file.

When I repackage my application, it automatically configure my shortcuts pointing to .exe as advertised shortcuts, while other shortcuts are configured as non-advertised.

The advertised shortcuts belong to the same component as their target .exe files.

The non-advertised shortcuts are in separate components (not with the target)

Question:

How do I modify my package so that shortcuts pointing to .exe files become non-advertised? Do I have to remove the shortcuts from the target file component and create a new component with only the shortcut and the registry key?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
(2) Replies
The easiest thing to do might be to use the Author component of AdminStudio to make it a standard shortcut. The shortcut view has an "Advertised" setting you can toggle.

BTW, don't know how familiar you are with Author but you can use it open your repackager output (.inc file).

Hope this helps,
Mike
Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I use Author very often and I am quite familiar with it.

The problem with your answer is that if I change my shortcut to non-advertised, I have to move it to another component because it must have a registry key as its keypath (this is not possible without moving it to another component since the component it belongs to has an exe file that is and must remain the keypath for the component)

So, I suppose moving the shortcut to a new component is the only way of doing?