cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent Mode - Executables

Hi,

I have created a self-extracting executable for one of the packages i have made (Very simple package, simply copies a couple of files to C:\WINNT\System32\Macromed\Flash\ to disable auto-updates).

Only problem is, when trying to distribute this in silent mode (even when using the switches suggested when checking /? [they were /s /v /qn]) it still runs the extracted MSI in normal mode and therefore prompting our users to complete the installation.

I have tried many different approaches to this and i am now starting to think of repackaging it again as an MSI just to simply use /qn instead.

Any help on getting it to work as an exe would be great though.

Thanks.
(1) Reply
Hi

If you use the "Release" Wizard to create a setup.exe (whichs is only a wrapper to the original MSI File) you can set the switches in the release menu within Installshield Manager

(see also attached pdf Document)

after sucessful building of the setup.exe you must use the correct setup.exe file which is normally located in the root directory (see also screenshot)

it's a little bit tricky (i needed 1 day to find the clue! --> don't ask why Installshield creates two different setup.exe's :confused: But after that my setup routine worked fine in silent mode
🙂

hope this helps