cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PackageExpert bug?

Hi,

I build the installers for our company, and at a clients request was running our package through PackageExpert. This picked up on a number of problems, which I said to automatically resolve and save to a MST transform.

PackageExpert added a custom action "AdminUserOrPrivilegedLaunchCondition0" which displays an error message saying that the user does not have permission to install.

The problem is that the Exec condition on this action is "Privileged" - so it executes when users do have permission to install, and not when the don't.

I've altered the condition in InstallShield to "Not Privileged" - but is this a bug or am I missing something?

Regards,
Sascha

PS. If it is a bug - where can submit it???
(3) Replies
sbeaumont wrote:
Hi,

I build the installers for our company, and at a clients request was running our package through PackageExpert. This picked up on a number of problems, which I said to automatically resolve and save to a MST transform.

PackageExpert added a custom action "AdminUserOrPrivilegedLaunchCondition0" which displays an error message saying that the user does not have permission to install.

The problem is that the Exec condition on this action is "Privileged" - so it executes when users do have permission to install, and not when the don't.

I've altered the condition in InstallShield to "Not Privileged" - but is this a bug or am I missing something?

Regards,
Sascha

You can only submit bugs if you have a support contract in place...

reg, Henno
sbeaumont wrote:
Hi,

Regards,
Sascha

Hi,

You are indeed correct that the condition is wrong, and needs to be 'Not Privileged'.

I've gone ahead and submitted this as a bug for you in work order #IOA-000040232.

If you (or anyone else on the forums) run into other bugs in AdminStudio, I would encourage you to post them here in the case that you don't have a valid support contract.

It should also be noted that bugs can be submitted under a Per-Incident support contract, which will be refunded at the time in which the issue is determined to be a Bug.
Thanks for lodging the bug! Nice to know I'm not going crazy 🙂
Top Kudoed Authors