cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET Framework 3.5

Can someone please tell me if they were able to locate an MSI for the .NET framework 3.5 installation? We have the EXE, but have Zenworks and would like to have an MSI for installation. At this point we have been unsuccessful stripping the MSI from the EXE. Any thoughts?
(4) Replies
I had the same problem, after some searching I found it easier to run the exe with /q /norestart in the parameters line of the object.

The downside is the user gets no prompts and the workstation will seem hung while installing this pig (about 5 minutes), and will not prompt the user to restart.
I set my object to run once, you could make an availabilty statement or you prefer.

Hope that helps
sperrym wrote:
I had the same problem, after some searching I found it easier to run the exe with /q /norestart in the parameters line of the object.

The downside is the user gets no prompts and the workstation will seem hung while installing this pig (about 5 minutes), and will not prompt the user to restart.
I set my object to run once, you could make an availability statement or you prefer.

Hope that helps

Has anyone tried this? I would like to deploy 3.5 and 3.5 SP1 using configuration manager. It seems to install OK from the command line on my work machine but I did notice that after doing so it looks like it may have also reinstalled the earlier versions as well. They all now carry an install date of 11/3/2008.

Thanks.

Greg.
.NET 3.5 and 3.5 SP1 are addons to the 1.1 and 2.0 frameworks which is why they include those in their installs.
If you want to use the MSI from dotnetfx35.exe follow instructions on appdeploy.

http://www.appdeploy.com/packages/detail.asp?id=882