cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Shield Tuner ~ Lotus Notes Client Install

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I'm attempting to use InstallSheild's Tuner program to create a transform file for my Lotus Notes client installation.

I've gotten almost everything to work but I can't figure out one major part. I'm trying to do a "split" or "network" install. This means that I want to install the Lotus Notes program files to one location and the Lotus Notes data files to another location.

Example:
progdir - T:\LotusNotesInstall\ProgFiles
datadir - T:\LotusNotesInstall\DataFiles

Now, when I run the transform file, EVERYTHING defaults to the datadir path (T:\LotusNotesInstall\DataFiles). It's almost as though installshield completely ignores the progdir destination.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
(2) Replies
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Is there a whitepaper on how to install a fully NOTES R5.0 client in a enterprise silent? Like really automated version for desktop and laptops users. Maybe even several users on the same machine. Thus anybody who runs Domino/Notes in a enterprise enviroment deploy the client with MSI package technology?

Thanks
Old post , but same issue happens with Notes 8.5.2

I am using Adminstudio Tuner (not the one provided by IBM)

Even that in the transform was redirected to install in a different path, when running the transform program was installed in default path

issue was solved using this command:

C:\>msiexec /i "Path_to_your.msi" PROGDIR="C:\Program Files (x86)\Notes\" TRANSFORMS "Path_to_your.mst"

In other words, my MST is used for all other customization, and from the command line the property PROGDIR is redirected