cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INC to ISM with 3.5 - No Go!

Since our upgrade this morning (from 3.01 to 3.5) we have been unable to sucessfully import an INC (with Developer OR the Legacy Conversion Wizard).

We are (4 of us) all using 25% of the available CPUs (we have 4), RAM is constant

We are in a Windows 2000 Terminal Server mode running Admin Studio through a Remote Desktop Connection.

None of the INC files are very big and we did not experience any troubles with 3.01

Any help would be great.
(6) Replies
i had the same problem..when one finally did upgrade using an xp box it wouldnt work properly..it had dropped files and shortcuts and all sorts...not very impressive.
Can you please send us the INC file and the NIR files that is causing a problem?
Here's an observation:

In the INC folder, we have the .inc, .isr, .ini, .nir and several folders/files structure belonging to the application.

When I launch the legacy converter to convert the .inc, the legacy converter stays at the point where it's Creating components for the files captured.

However, when I move the .inc, .isr, .ini and .nir to a newly created folder and launch the legacy converter, the conversion takes approx. 1 min and completes successfully.

This only happens with isolated applications and regardless of whether admin studio 3.5 is installed locally or on the server and run through teminal service.

I have included the .inc file.
I don't see INC file attached. Can you resend it? I may be able to assist you. Also, see if your INC file has any big entries specially in AddINI section. The Wizard may be taking long time to process. Just a guess.
When you get AdminStudio 3.5, you get two versions of repackager

One is in the Adminstudio\developer\repackager folder AND DOES NOT WORK

One is in the Adminstudio\repackager folder THIS ONE DOES WORK

hope that helps

looeee
For AdminStudio 3.5, you should use repackager as follows:

1) If you installed standalone repackager, then you should use the repackager shortcut under Start Menu / Prgrams / InstallShield.
2) If you need to remotely launch the repackager then you should map the drive to the the repackager located in \3.5\Repackager.
3) If you have Adminstudio 3.5 installed then you should use the shortcut under Start Menu / Programs / InstallShield / AdminStudio Tools / Repackager.

For AdminStudio 3.5 users, pls note the repackager under \developer\repackager is obsolete.