cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citrix Package...

HELP!!!

I have created two packages one is a base Citrix installation package that installs the Citrix ICA 32-bit Windows Client & the other is just a configuration of the Citrix client to access Manugistics. If I deploy the base package and then deploy the Manugistics configuration package everything works fine. The problem i'm having is when I uninstall both packages and then reinstall them. The base Citrix ICA client package installs fine but the Manugistics package appears to do nothing. When I launch the Citrix client, the client isnt configured for Manugistics although I've installed the Manugistics package which works properly on a first install. I've recreated the package several times without success.

Any help would be appreciated.

BCM4309
(6) Replies
it sounds like a key file is set to shared and isnt uninstalling from the second package. check for key files in the second package and set it to not shared. be careful though as this will remove it from the first install too 😉 maybe better to define a different file altogether. Choose something stupid as a key file. maybe a different ini file if it is a different config of the same program. and check to see that the key file is removed after an uninstall.
prostetnic,

Are you referring to the section in Developer titled "Configure you target system" and then "Files"? Each file on the "destination computer" isn't checked "shared" under the properties.

BCM4309
Is it possible that some files installed by the second package might have the permanent attribute on for some components and hence it is not uninstalling some registry keys or files? You can verify this by walking through the Component's attributes to makre sure that the permanent attribute is not set on any component.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I have successfully deployed a MST for the Citrix 6.20 using Tuner, I didn't create a package, just a transform. This transform included everything that was needed to have the client connect automatically to the Server farm. Is creating a transform not an option?

~Glen
Glen,

If you uninstall the Citrix client and then reinstall it with the transform does it "reapply" your customizations? I believe I did attempt to use a transform but once I uninstall the application and then reinstalled it, it didnt include/install the customizations (my server farm & settings). It did work properly during the first install.

Eagerly awaiting your response,

BCM4309
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
For me, this worked flawlessly. I was using Windows NT workstations with Windows Installer v1.1 on them.

Keep in mind that repackaging applications that are already in Windows Installer format is not recommended. Always try to use the shrink wrapped MSI package combined with a MST file first.

Remember that when you install an app using an MST you will normally specify it at the command line, and the transform is then cache. If you repaired the application the same transform that is cached is used during the repair. If you uninstall then reinstall, the transform is no longer cached and must be reapplied.

Let me know if this helps

~Glen