cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Application Converter - Failed to connect to VM

Hello.

I have a problem with Automated Application Converter.

I'm getting error message like below:

"Error 4310 controlling virtual machine: Failed to connect to VM: 0x052e (LE:052e XE:0000 in CVirtualMachineController::Connect:165)"

Description of this error :

This error could be caused by the following reasons:
1. Virtual machine was unexpectedly shut down early.
2. Operating system on the virtual machine does not launch.
3. The Guest Agent is not running on the virtual machine.
4. Permissions to the virtual machine are incorrect.
5. Virtual machine AutoRepack_Base snapshot was taken before before the machine was powered off.

1. False :-).
2. False.
3. False. Guest Agent started automatically after system startup.
4. That's may be true, but honestly I'm not sure that I understand this point correctly, so please give me some tips if this is possible.
5. False.

I have installed VMware VIX API on host machine - machine with AdminStudio.

I will be grateful for any hints how to solve this problem.

Regards

Mateusz
(5) Replies
MichaelU
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
The 52e in that error is "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password", and in that location I believe it corresponds to the user account on the virtual machine. I'd start by double-checking your machine's guest credentials.
Thank You for Your answer.

I checked user credentials couple of times, but unfortunately this not solved my problem - even if I changed user password and prepare VM again.

The user has administrator rights. Guest Agent is starting automatically. VM has access to the network and is visible from host machine. Snapshot was created after VM was shut down.

One more thing. This VM machine is not a member of any domain. So maybe this is a reason?

After installation, GA asking for user name, password and domain. What I should type in domain field if machine is not a member of domain? Leave it blank? Type computer name?

Right now we are using evaluation version of AdminStudio, so this might be another reason - I doubt it, but anything is possible ;-).

Once again, thank You for Your help.

Regards

Mateusz
Hi There,

I would enable the Windows Audit Logon Policy on the VM image to see if this has some sort of failure in communicating.

The other thing to mention is that I've seen lots of problems with VIX. Especially when you install the VIX redist when VMWare already includes VIX (which all versions greater than 6.5 should).

I might remove the VIX redist from ARP, and uninstall/reinstall VMWare. As well, I have found VMWare 7.0 (not earlier or later) to work best with AAC, and have the fewest VIX problems.
MichaelU
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
Regarding the domain for non-joined machines, I would indeed at least test the computer name. Leaving it blank may work (I forget), but it's really the computer name anyway, and this makes it explicit.
I am having the same problem.

Did you ever get this resolved?