cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application re-assignment in WFM4

What would be the recommended "Enterprise" way to structure your workflow or use the WFM4 product when it is necessary to re-assign engineers to different applications or priorities when they are part way through a 15 step workflow ?

I know about rollback, but is this the ONLY way when the App is at stage 12 of 15 completed OK but now that engineer has been re-assigned to another priority ?

Do I really need to roll back to (for example) Stage 1 where the App is assigned to someone ?

Can't I just assign steps 13 to 15 to another engineer ? How would this best be acheived ?
(3) Replies
Hi Atlas,

You should be able to just change the assignment within that particular role midway through--you can do this via the main Assignments page (available from the main login screen by clicking on the request), or by using an optional Work Assignment step type. This would then cause the newly assigned user to see the Application request in their 'Applications Assigned to me' section on the login page.

Is this what you're looking for, or is there something more specific that you need?
Of course - I couldn't see the wood for the trees ... The only thing I wonder if you know (I can find out by trying it out) is when producing reports of "who did what" across the team, will this show the App re-assignment partway through, or only capture the initial app assignment ?

Would you know which table and field in the SQL database tracks this re-assignment ?

Thanks Cary.
Well, offhand, the AMS_AuditTrail table contains a list of all actions that take place in a particular application request. However, it doesn't appear that entries are inserted for when you reassign work.

It's possible in theory to capture this information by creating a table trigger to log to your own table whenever an UPDATE or INSERT or DELETE takes place on AMS_AppAssignments, however, that would be a bit of work.

I don't know if I would recommend going down that road, but Macrovision Professional Services could implement some sort of solution, and Macrovision Support would be able to log a feature enhancement request.
Top Kudoed Authors