Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Adobe ILLUSTRATOR CS 11] Error creating a new document

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
hello,

I already have repackaged Adobe applications (Photoshop, InDesign) and a little familiar with them...

but I have a new problem with ILLUSTRATOR:
After haing repackaged the app, I launch it. I do "File/New document" and an error message appears:

"Impossible to create a link to an open file"

Any idea?

Thanks.
(8) Replies
You repackaged the .MSI? Or did you create a transform?
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I repackaged the application.

I have found the solution :
The Preferences file called "AIPrefs" is a readable text file. When I repackaged I included an "AIPrefs" file dedicated to one particular user. Unfortunately this file contained the userprofile's paths.

I have deleted the paths thus enabling the other users to create their own path in their own AIPrefs file.
I have found that I could not extract the .MSI for Illustrator CS 11.0. I had to repackage (which goes against the golden rules) the application.

Is this the case for you as well?
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I also had to repackage it because I had a "legacy setup" for source.
On your testing, did you receive a window that states that "Illustrator is damaged...please reinstall"?
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Yes I received it. It is common to several Adobe apps. All the registry entries are not captured during the snapshop.
You have to add the following registry keys in your package:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{91A4AD99-69CE-4745-97B7-0E0DFBECFDE5}]
"RegCompany"="Your Company"
"RegOwner"="Me"
"Serial"="976682219560673679992849"
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Yes I received it. It is common to several Adobe apps. All the registry entries are not captured during the snapshop.
You have to add the following registry keys in your package:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{91A4AD99-69CE-4745-97B7-0E0DFBECFDE5}]
"RegCompany"="Your Company"
"RegOwner"="Me"
"Serial"="976682219560673679992849"
Yes. I have tried that with same results. I guess I will have to start over from scratch. Thanks for the reply!
Top Kudoed Authors