cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing Ticket Count with Restricted View

In Secunia VIM we have multiple teams who work with different ticket queues. An engineer from one team cannot see the tickets of the other teams.

When engineers go to the ticket manager, the number of tickets on the top is very confusing. The ticket number is for all tickets in a VIM instance even though the user cannot see those.

(4) Replies
RDanailov
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran
Hi,

I have checked internally your entitlements and it seems that your organization is using SVR, the successor of VIM.

Would you be so kind to confirm back to us if you meant SVR instead of VIM?

Thanks!
Regards,
Rosen
"To understand where a system breaks, one should think like the person who built it"

Correct, this is about app.secunia.com which is now called Software Vulnerability Manager. See support case 01805551 for more details.

Hi fh_open_ch,

I have your case assigned to myself now. 

On a preliminary basis with the information I have so far, the problem sounds like permission assignment issue. However, to be sure about this, would you be able to attach some screens which clearly display the problem? It would also be  very helpful if you can make screenshots of the exact permissions assigned to the users having this issue and send these screens along within your support case. 

Many thanks!

Regards,
Rosen
"To understand where a system breaks, one should think like the person who built it"

Hi fh_open_ch,

I have just been in contact with my colleague Jerry who's handling your case for some time already.
After seeing the screens you have provided today, and the internal case with Engineering that has been made by Jerry, we have received confirmation that the behavior you are seeing is part of the intended product functionality, as per Engineering's feedback. 

At the moment, we would have to take your case and put an Enhancement about it with Engineering. 
Going forward, you can put your suggestions directly with Product Management  under the below blog thread:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/Software-Vulnerability/We-Still-Want-Your-Ideas-about-Software-Vulnerability-Management/m-p/95036#M1%2Fjump-to%2Ffirst-unread-message 

Thanks!

Regards,
Rosen