cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 6259, 6258, and 6003 while attempting to sign installers

Error 6259, 6258, and 6003 while attempting to sign installers

Summary

Error 6259, 6258, and 6003 occurs when attempting to sign through InstallShield 2015

Symptoms

Error 6259, 6258, and 6003 occurs when attempting to build using InstallShield 2015. Entries similar to below appears in the build log. However, SignTools still signs successfully outside of InstallShield.

Media table successfully built
Started signing certificate.msi ...
ISDEV : error -6259: Internal build error
Started signing My Project Name-1.msi ...
ISDEV : error -6258: An error occurred extracting digital signature information from file "C:\InstallShield 2015 Projects\My Project Name-1\Product Configuration 1\Release 1\DiskImages\DISK1\My Project Name-1.msi". Make sure the digital signature information provided in the IDE is correct.
ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming 'C:\InstallShield 2015 Projects\My Project Name-1\Product Configuration 1\Release 1\DiskImages\DISK1\My Project Name-1.isc' into setup.exe
Setup.exe created
Started signing setup.exe ...

Cause

InstallShield 2015 is no longer using SignTools. SignerSignEx function is being used instead. SignerSignEx function requires certificate chain on the machine to be complete.

An incorrect procedure to collect the certificate from the certificate authority creates the possibility of an incorrect certificate. This requires contacting the certificate vendor.

Resolution

Install root and intermediate certificates on the build machine or add them to the certificate store InstallShield is using. You can obtain the necessary intruction from the certificate vendor.

Additional Information

SignerSignEx

How to add certificates to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store for a local computer
Was this article helpful? Yes No
0% helpful (0/1)
Version history
Last update:
‎Jun 09, 2018 02:09 AM
Updated by: