cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usmanjamil
Level 5

website not creating on installation

Hi

I'm working with installshield profession 2008. My installer type is Installscript. I've created a website under "Internet Information Service" tab in the Installation Designer window. Also I've added an application pool. When I build the installer and run it, all the files are copied and everything goes right except that neither the website nor the application pool is created. Can you please suggest me why is it so. Am I missing something.

Regards

Usman
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
usmanjamil
Level 5

Ok I read in the documentation that I need to create a virtual directory also. The website alone does not get installed. I really find this a huge problem in my scenario, where I only want to create the site and no virtual directory. Is there a possibility that I can only create a website and not the virtual directory.

Regards

Usman
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

I'm not sure if upgrading to InstallShield 2009 is an option for you, but InstallShield 2009 lets you associate Web sites with components. Therefore, as long as a Web site is associated with a component and that component gets installed at run time, the Web site will be installed. It is no longer necessary in that case for the Web site to have any virtual directories.

InstallShield 2008 does not have support for associating Web sites with components. Therefore, the only way to install a Web site using the built-in IIS support is to also install a virtual directory. (All virtual directories are associated with components. When a component gets installed, its virtual directories also get installed, as well as the Web sites for those virtual directories.)
0 Kudos