upgrade using advanced suite
Hi guys, consider the below scenario
1. Installed an application, say version 1.1.0.0001.
2. Install version 1.1.0.0002 on top of 1.1.0.0001 without uninstalling it. The requirement is higher version installer should uninstall the lower version and install the newer one.
Project Type Used: Advanced Suite/UI.
how to achieve this?
Re: upgrade using advanced suite
1. Spin the Product and Package GUIDs, make sure the Upgrade GUID is identical
2. Change the ProductVersion
3. Create a Major Upgrade Item
Upgrades->Upgrade Windows Installer Setup->Add Major Upgrade Item
Name it "UpgradeOlderVersion" or something appropriate, set the options to:
. Products sharing my Upgrade Code
. Any earlier version
4. Make sure the "Completely uninstall old setup before installing new setup" is in play on the "Upgrade Windows Installer Setup" tab, the other option is unreliable if you don't know what you are doing.