cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmpk82
Level 5

registry entry creation issue under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node

hi,
we were providing 32 bit installer to customers for the past few years and customers used to install it on 64 bit machines , now we got a requirement that they need 64 bit installer only, so for this, I changed "Template Summary" from Intel;1033 to x64;1033 and saved, I created my package and when I installed it on 64 bit machines, it is still creating my product entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node.

in earlier releases 32 bit installer on 64 bit machines and creating product entries under wow6432Node was fine, but now we do not need wow6432Node entries any more. it should create product entries under normal hive(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE) only.

am I missing anything to change apart from "Template Summary", or somewhere my installscript is changing any values, our project is in basic msi. please help me on this.

thanks in advance
gmp
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Make sure that the underlying component of the registry entry in question is marked as 64-bit. For more information, see the 64-bit Component setting in the Component Settings help topic.

Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
gmpk82
Level 5

hi Hidenori Yamanishi,

I made "Yes" for "64-Bit component", but still my installer is creating product entries under "32 bit version of windows" only.
from http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield20helplib/Content/helplibrary/Targeting64Bit-MSI.htm#introduction_229763594_1282016 link
<>
Creating 64-Bit Components

To specify that a component is 64 bit, select Yes for the component’s 64-Bit Component setting. If you build a release that has at least one 64-bit component and the Template Summary property is set to a 64-bit value, the result is a 64-bit package.

<>

do I need to have at least one 64 bit component apart from registry component in my project?. My project has only one exe and other xml files, I did not make "Yes" for 64-Bit Component for any of these files, that's why my installer is still writing under "32 bit version of windows?"

your suggestions are valuable.

thanks in advance
gmp
0 Kudos
jlynch11
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

If you are creating a 64-bit package you should set the each component as 64-bit.
0 Kudos