cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krishnan_KM
Level 4

"The setup must update files or service that cant be update while the system ..."

Hi all,

I am working on Basic install shield project, so i have created a project and it working fine, but in one of -ve sienerio ,out tester will run my app and try to remove app from Change option via control panel, In that case my exception is to get file is in use dialog instead of this i will get Error message like, "The setup must update files or service that cant be update while the system is running if you choose continue reboot will be required to complete the setup", so instead the how to get file is in use dialog and i have tried in MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL set to Disable and DisableShutdown.
But it didn't work for me at all, please kindly provide yours valuable suggestions.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
chad_petersen
Level 9

If you have your install generate a verbose log file then once it hits this error and you close out of the installer (to flush the log file) then search the log file for "in use" and it should show what it thinks is causing the issue(s). Could be more than one file, too.

Once you know what file(s) are "in use" then you can formulate a plan as to how to resolve it.

Chad
0 Kudos