cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subbu82
Level 3

"Program Files" folder property changed on 64Bit

Hi,

How to set the Program Files" folder property changed on 64Bit.

I am using 64Bit machine and while browse it selects correct folder (ie Program Files) but after the setup execution when traces the log file it modify to program files(x86) and thus causes ERROR;

How to fix the issue; Any property need to set.....

I can see from my log files that this is working properly. It finds the file and changes the properties value to hold the correct folder path.

However a bit later on I can see that it substitutes the folder path for a different one.

The below log excerpt only shows where it modifies the existing property.

MSI (c) (8C:60) [14:19:37:682]: WIN64DUALFOLDERS: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\' will substitute 17 characters in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\' folder path. (mask argument = 0, the folder pair's iSwapAttrib member = 0).
MSI (c) (8C:60) [14:19:37:682]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Modifying RS_INSTANCE_PATH2 property. Its current value is 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\'. Its new value: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\'.

Thanks for any help.

Subbu
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
tjohnson1
Technical Writer
Technical Writer

In order to install to Program Files on a 64 bit machine, the install needs to be authored as a 64 bit install and instructed to install to [ProgramFiles64Folder].

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=Q211879&sliceId=1
0 Kudos