cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snablr
Level 3

"Error 27555.Error attempting to apply permissions to object"

Hello All,
I'm using installshield 2015,basic MSI project.

A component's file permission is set using "Permissions" button in its properties dialog and also Locked-down Permission is set to "Custom Installshield Handling".
During installation of product from server to client,error "Error 27555.Error attempting to apply permissions to object "File path".System error: The system cannot find the file specified.(2)" in the event log
i) occurs when feature /features that doesn't contain this component are installed.
ii) doesn't occur when all the features(feature which include this component also) are installed.

Also if I change Locked-down Permission to "Traditional windows Installer Handling",error will not occur in any above mentioned cases.
So why it happens only in case(i) mentioned above?

Anyone,please help me out.
Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The InstallShield replacement for LockPermissions will always determine that the resource to have permissions applied is associated with a component that is being installed with the product. If the target component is not being installed, permissions will not be applied to the target object.

Unfortunately we are unable to determine what might be happening in this case to produce an error applying permissions to a resource that is not being installed. Can you provide more details:
- What are you attempting to apply permissions to (file, folder, registry)? Is this a 64-bit or 32-bit resource?
- Is this resource installed through a component or some other means (such as a custom action)?
- Are there any validation errors with this MSI package related to the resource or components in the package?
- Can you attach a verbose log of an installation that encounters this error?
- Can you attach a screenshot or dump of the ISLockPermissions table records?
0 Kudos
snablr
Level 3

Thanks for your reply.

- What are you attempting to apply permissions to (file, folder, registry)? Is this a 64-bit or 32-bit resource?
It is a 32-bit empty folder.

- Is this resource installed through a component or some other means (such as a custom action)?
Installed through a component

- Are there any validation errors with this MSI package related to the resource or components in the package?
NO.

- Can you attach a verbose log of an installation that encounters this error?
Installation aborted.As it is a installation from server to client ,I didn't get log file in "Temp" folder
Under Windows "Temp" folder,log file contains only the error description.
0 Kudos