cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raghvendra
Level 4

problem in launching a exe file using installer (Basic MSI)

Hey All,
I made a installer Using Basic MSI and I written a custom Action for this, which installs a ".AIR" file using "airappinstaller.exe".
The working of my Intsaller (Basic MSI) is-
Firstly put some folder and setups file in program data and program files then check that weather "Adobe AIR" installed or not if not then install the "AdobeAIRAppInstaller.exe" then launch "airappinstaller.exe" and finally launch my "*.air" file.

The Problem is, when I start the installer then it's check that Adobe AIR installed or not, but when it found that Adobe Air not installed on system then installer trying to launch AdobeAirAppInstaller.exe and it launch fine but suddenly Adobe Air prompt a message "Another Installation is in progress" and does not install Adobe AIR. So I think the problem is that the Installshield installer is also in progress and same time Adobe Air trying to install. So i need to terminate the install shield installer firstly then I have to launch my AdobeAirAppInstaller.exe but I am facing very much difficulty to remove this problem. please help me on this.

my sequence setting is
[SIZE=2][install UI Sequence = ]
[install exec sequence = ][/SIZE]

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
tjohnson1
Technical Writer
Technical Writer

I would sugest creating a prerequisite for Adobe Air and include it to your project. This will perform the check before your install starts and allowing the Adobe Air install to run.

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/doc/Helpnet/installshield18helplib/SetupPrereqEditor.htm
0 Kudos
Raghvendra
Level 4

tjohnson1 wrote:
I would sugest creating a prerequisite for Adobe Air and include it to your project. This will perform the check before your install starts and allowing the Adobe Air install to run.

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/doc/Helpnet/installshield18helplib/SetupPrereqEditor.htm

Hey Thanks tjohnson.
0 Kudos