Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BINUTB
Level 5

install shield interface dialog

Jump to solution

hi

how to call a user interface dialog & how to creat user interface call in installshield

installshield using - 2020 R3 SPI

regards,

afsal c

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @BINUTB 

I have shared a screenshot of how to change the button controls, sequencing of  dialog is based on use case and based on use case the dialog next and button we need to set it properly

For an example if you want to add your new dialog next welcome dialog, then go to dialog and select behavior and logic and select the NEXT button and change the NEXT to your new dialog, 

and back button of your new dialog to license agreement.

Note down where this NEXT is pointed to by default, it is linked to license agreement,

Go to license agreement and change its back button to new dialog. Please refer the screenshot attached in previous comment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi @BINUTB ,

I understand you want to create a new custom dialog and sequence it, 

May i know what project type you are using,

If its a Basic MSI project type you can create a new dialog and then you need to sequence it as per your requirement.

for ex, if you create a dialog and then you want to sequence it after welcome dialog, then you need to change the settings under behavior section of install welcome --> select the NEXT button and change which dialog you would like to show next(refer attached screenshot).
similarly, BACK button of your above select dialog should pointed to welcome dialog.

NOTE: By default, installshield predefined dialogs are sequenced to particular order, for ex; installwelcome will navigate next to license agreement, if you change this order you need to make sure all dialog in order for NEXT and BACK Button. 

If you are using installscript project, then we need to handle the dialogs sequences in scripting.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for info.

Please advise the steps to assign sequence.

Type is Basic MSI project type

Regards

Binu

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi @BINUTB 

I have shared a screenshot of how to change the button controls, sequencing of  dialog is based on use case and based on use case the dialog next and button we need to set it properly

For an example if you want to add your new dialog next welcome dialog, then go to dialog and select behavior and logic and select the NEXT button and change the NEXT to your new dialog, 

and back button of your new dialog to license agreement.

Note down where this NEXT is pointed to by default, it is linked to license agreement,

Go to license agreement and change its back button to new dialog. Please refer the screenshot attached in previous comment.

0 Kudos