cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jedimaster_mark
Level 7

install problem on Citrix

I am having a problem with an installer that has long been stable. It seems someone is trying to install to Citrix. By default, Citrix installs use a minimal C: partition. The size of the entire partition, from my understanding, is smaller than the MSI this project creates.

Based on our testing, we are certain that the partition size of C: has something to do with this issue, as we can solve it in testing by increasing the size of the C: partition manually. The thing is, we continue to have this problem at the customer site, even though they are changing the install locations of all the features. I thought it might have to do with the location of where %TMP% is mapped to, but when we change this to a drive with adequate space, it still errors out.

Is this related to the temp location, or am I barking up the wrong tree? If it is a temp issue, is there a way I can force my MSI to look somewhere else, even a hard-coded path (I can make a one-off for this customer if need be)?

Thanks in advance,
Mark
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

The msi file (minus any embedded CABs) is cached in C.\Windows\Installer (this is a hidden folder)
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos