cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandeep_anantha
Level 4

how to invoke ASPAJAXExtSetup.msi for Ajax dependency

Hi Guyz,
I am novice and I have a small question regading how to invoke MSI. I have to create an installer for a solution which has ajax dependency on it. For that I need to invoke ASPAJAXExtSetup.msi.

I tried to use launchappandwait but it failed as it is expecting exe but not msi

Can it be installed as prererquisite. If yes How?

I have read few posts that it can be done with custom action and has its own problems and right way of doing it using Doinstall(). If so can I have a sample of it.?

PS: My Project is of type "Install Script Basic MSI project"

Regards,
Sandeep
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Creating a prerequisite is probably the best approach, since only one MSI can make system changes at a time; please see the help topic "Defining InstallShield Prerequisites" for some introductory information.
0 Kudos
sandeep_anantha
Level 4

RobertDickau,
I am unable to find out a way of adding my own prerequisite. I am finding it weird that Installshield doesnt let you add your own prerequisite but rather lets you choose frommits own llist of prreeqs. Could you please let me in detail know how can we do that.
Regards,
Sandeep
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

You can start creating your own prerequisites by selecting Tools > Prerequisite Editor; the help topic "InstallShield Prerequisite Editor Reference" gives more information about what to fill in.
0 Kudos
sandeep_anantha
Level 4

Thanks!!
That solved my problem
0 Kudos