cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MKubala
Level 3

Extract from setup.exe option is greyed out

I'm using InstallShield 2006 version 15.

I have a ton of prerequisites that I created for the installer. In the Release Wizard I have selected the option "Compress all files", but when I get to the option "Extract prerequisites from Setup.exe" it is greyed out along with the "Copy prerequisites from source media" option. It only gives me the option to "Download prerequisites from the Web" is not going to work in my case. I'm not sure how this happened. I used this same release several months ago and it worked fine. The only thing that has changed since then is that I added several more prerequisites to the installer.

The installer is currently at around 650 MB and I have tried all the various DVD and network image options already. I opened up a copy of the previous ISM file from a couple months ago and it worked correctly, but when I open up the current ISM file and use the exact same options in the Release Wizard, it still shows those options greyed out.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

If you haven't already tried this with the current project, please try creating a new release instead of modifying the existing one. Does this change the behavior?

Is the "InstallShield Prerequisites Location" setting on the Setup.exe tab of your release also disabled?
0 Kudos
MKubala
Level 3

I created a new release and got the same behavior where only "Download from Web" is available. If I go to the Setup.exe tab I can change the option to "Extract from Setup.exe" and then right click on the new release and click Build and it works fine, but when I go back into the Release Wizard for that release I once again only have the option to "Download from Web". So at least I have a work around for this issue now.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

One thing to note is the release wizard options for prerequisite locations will only enable "Download prerequisites from the web" if there are any prerequisites being included in the project that are not downloaded onto the machine.
0 Kudos
MKubala
Level 3

Are we talking about the PRQ file or the actual files specified inside the prerequisites? All the PRQ files are local, but all the files that are being compressed into the setup.exe file are being pulled from the network.
0 Kudos