cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
f48614
Level 3

extrem slow Start of Installshield 2009

I have some problems with Installshield 2009 SP1.

Everytime when I start Installshield the program search for updates in the background.

Installshield don´t use my IE Setting for the proxy and try to reach the update pages directly. This is blocked by the firewall.

If I connect my computer directly a router without a firewall, than Installshield starts faster.

Does anyone know where I can configure my Internet Settings for Installshield or deactivate the check for updates during program start ?

The scheduled updates I set to manualy.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

You might want to see if the public_setup.exe hotfix in the following KB article resolves the issue:
http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q200044

Debbie Landers
Acresso Software
0 Kudos
f48614
Level 3

Hello Debbie,

thanks for your advise.

After I apply this hotfix my icon in the startmenu doesn´t working anymore.

When I use C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Macrovision\FLEXnet Connect\11\ISUSPM.exe to start the Software Update. I get an Script Error in Line 0 Position 1 and I have to close the process agent.exe with the task manager.

I don´t found any option to configure the update agent.
Proxy Settings, User ...

Where can I configure the update agent ?

best regards

Thomas
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Try adding the registry key…

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\Update Service
"IsConnected"=dword:00000001

That should allow InstallShield to start faster.

We are looking into the shortcut issue.
0 Kudos
f48614
Level 3

Hello Mike,

thanks a lot.

After I add your registry key my Installshield starts normal.

Thomas
0 Kudos
maforshaw
Level 5

After a recent update to the Update Service, IS2009 SP2 started to take forever to load.

I found this thread and added the IsConnected key. It now starts up instantly so clearly there is a fault in the Update Service.
0 Kudos